Are you searching for how to fix Centurylink internet from disconnecting? Do you want to browse seamlessly without any interruptions on Centurylink internet?
Is CenturyLink your Internet service provider? Many CenturyLink Internet customers have expressed their dissatisfaction with the company’s DSL or fiber services online.
When you’re dealing with a situation like: Whether you’re doing your work from home or a traditional office, live video broadcasting, playing video games on the internet or social media browsing.
As a result, you may be wondering: “Why does my CenturyLink Internet keep disconnecting?” The following are signs of an unreliable connection:
- Inability to participate in video calls or other forms of live streaming (because of buffering and dropped connections),
- losing the current game and
- getting blocked from any type of chat app.
Why is your CenturyLink Internet service so unstable? From CenturyLink’s side to your house, office, or device, there are a variety of reasons why your internet connection isn’t stable. Find out how to fix and avoid the most common causes of Internet disconnects by reading on!
What’s the problem with my CenturyLink Internet service?
Disconnections from CenturyLink Internet are often caused by a combination of the following:
- WiFi signal is not strong enough or you’re at the end of the coverage area for CenturyLink WiFi.
- In public places like stadiums, parks, and concerts, the CenturyLink network may get overburdened because of the large number of users using the same network.
- Microwave ovens, cordless phones, and other wireless devices all have the potential to cause WiFi hotspot interference since they use the same or adjacent channels.
- Problems with your router/modem or other networking hardware, whether at home or at work, or broken Ethernet cables.
- Your devices may have outdated or unsuitable network software.
- Issues with CenturyLink – maintenance, outages, unreliable public WiFi hotspots, etc.
How to Fix CenturyLink Internet Disconnections in Just Six Steps
If you know exactly what’s causing your CenturyLink Internet service to keep dropping, proceed to the section below that corresponds to your knowledge. Just start with the first one if you don’t know where to begin.
Try the next step if the previous one doesn’t resolve the problem of intermittent Internet connectivity.
1. Find Centurylink Contact centres
CenturyLink’s Twitter Help account or the service troubleshooter on their website can be used to examine this information. Explain your problems to them and hear what they have to say.
2. Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to the Internet before you begin.
Unplugging and replugging your computer’s cord or reconnecting your smartphone or tablet to WiFi or cellular data are all you need to do from time to time. You may be able to solve the problem of unstable Internet by restarting the device and refreshing its connection and parameters.
3. Use Centurylink hotpsot
Move closer to your CenturyLink WiFi router, whether you’re at home or at work.
Using the cellphone network or another WiFi hotspot is a better option in congested situations.
4. Restart your computer and any networked devices you’ve previously shut down.
Use the power button on your device to restart it.
The same applies to your modem/router, fiber optics media converter, switch, and any other powered networking device if you have access to them (at home or at the office).
5. Inspect for Wireless interruption and fix it if found
For the most part, use the 5 GHz WiFi whenever available. The 2.4 GHz band has less coverage, but there is little risk of interference.
A WiFi analyzer app can be installed on your PC, iPhone, or Android mobile phone. If your WiFi signal is too weak or the channels are overlapping, you can try repositioning the router, setting a fixed channel for your WiFi network, and narrowing the channel width.
6. Update your Wifi and Network Drivers
Ethernet, WiFi, and any cellular network adapters you use should all have the most recent drivers installed on your computer. If you have the ability to do so, you should also do a firmware upgrade on your router or modem.
After fix Centurylink Internet from Disconnecting, What next?
It’s possible that one of the suggestions in the preceding section was the key to resolving your CenturyLink disconnect issues. However, what should you do if this happens again in the future? There are several ways to lose the game, such as missing a video call or losing your audience over live streaming.